A virtual learning environment (VLE) is a software system designed to support teaching and learning in an educational setting.
A VLE will normally work over the Internet and provide a collection of tools such as those for assessment , communication, uploading of content, return of students work, peer assessment, administration of student groups, collecting and organizing student grades, questionnaires and etc.
- VLEs are helping to make sure that their learning is not confined to a particular building, or restricted to any single location or moment.
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) be used to refer to the components in which learners and tutors participate in “on-line” interactions of various kinds, including on-line learning.
- Many studies report the virtual learning environment as more effective, efficient and satisfying than the traditional learning situation.
ELECTRONIC LEARNING =
E-learning (or electronic learning or eLearning) is a term that encompasses all forms of Technology-Enhanced Learning (TEL)
The term e-learning is ambiguous to those outside the e-learning industry, and even within its diverse disciplines it has different meanings to different people.
It often refers to the strategies that use the company network to deliver training courses to employees and lately in most Universities, e-learning is used to define a specific mode to attend a course or program of study where the students rarely or never meet face-to-face, nor access on-campus educational facilities, because they study online
E-learning has grown tremendously over the past several years as technology has been integrated into education and training.
- “E- learning” may be defined as instruction delivered electronically via the Internet, Intranets, or multimedia platforms such as CD-ROM or DVD.
- E-learning can be implemented in a variety of ways, such as through the use of self-paced independent study units, asynchronous interactive sessions (where participants interact at different times) or synchronous interactive settings (where learners meet in real time)